Saturday, December 5, 2009

Scrapbook Saturday

Hello! Today's Scrapbook Saturday is a birthday spread from my son's 5th Birthday Party last summer.
I often start my scrapbook pages with a sketch, and this one was no different...only, this time I actually followed the sketch almost exactly! I don't usually do that! The sketch I followed was by Becky Higgins.

I included some cool little embellishments on this spread. Let me show you my favorites. This is my favorite part of the page. The balloons are watercolored, cut out and stuck on with Stampin' Dimensionals. But before I stuck them on, I tied a piece of Linen Thread on them and tied the other end of the Linen Thread to the chipboard letters at the bottom. The Chipboard Letters are sponged with Pumpkin Pie Classic ink and then sponged again aroudn the edges with Chocolate Chip classic ink. The picture is put on over top the Linen Thread.

Here's a couple different views...

Here's the title...

And a bit of the journalling. I did one word journalling for each picture along the side of the picture. I figured it was pretty self-explanatory that it's a birthday party so I didn't include that much journalling. Although I did make sure to put that it was his 5th birthday!

Look at that cute picture of him blowing out his candles! He loved that cake and those candles!

I often get asked why I choose the colors I do for layouts! This time, I chose So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Close to Cocoa based on the colors of the clothes my two older boys were wearing at the party and also the park we went to is orange and yellow.

I used So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Close to Cocoa ink and cardstock for this layout. I used the Varsity Alphabet, Calendar Alphabet and Crazy for Cupcakes sets for this layout. There's also some chipboard letters from one of the sets in the Idea Book & Catalogue as well as Aqua Painters, Watercolor Paper, Corner Rounder Punch, Linen Thread & Stampin' Dimensionals. As always, all the supplies I used can be purchased through my website or by contacting me.

Until next time my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!