Friday, December 18, 2009

Santa Clause is Coming...

Hello! It's the Eleventh Week of Christmas and I have an awesome, quick and easy last minute gift packaging idea for you.


Ever since I went to my last upline meeting, I have had a small obsession with Santa Belly projects! I totally blame my upline for this because she had some ca-ute Santa Belly projects. What can I say...she totally inspired me!


Supplies: Whisper White, Basic Black & Brushed Silver cardstock; 3/4" Square Punch, 1 1/4" Square Punch; Ribbon-Whisper White & Real Red Narrow Grosgrain, Whisper White Taffeta, Real Red Wide Grosgrain, Real Red Striped, Real Red Polka Dot, Whisper White & Real Red Satin, Real Red Gingham, Real Red Double-Stitched, Whisper White Organza, Mistletoe Ribbon Originals


I found some cute little paint cans at my local dollar store quite a while ago and, of course, had to pick up a few...or a lot! They had a variety of colors, and I've had them sitting on my desk for a long time just waiting for them to inspire me. And, what do you know, it happened! I choose a red can for this project...and then made it into a Santa belly! Love it!!!

It was so easy to do. I took two strips of Whisper White cardstock and tore them, then attached them around the bottom of the can with Sticky Strip. Then I took a scrap of Whisper White and tore it down both sides, and stuck it at the top of the can. And, finally I made a belt by taking a Basic Black strip of cardstock and wrapping it around the middle of the can. The buckle is Brushed Silver cardstock punched with the 3/4" Square and then the 1 1/4" Square.

I thought the handle needed a little pizazz! So, I opened my ribbon cupboard and cut pieces of every red and white ribbon I had and then tied the ribbon all around the handle.

Watch for more little paint can projects, because you know I bought all the colors! *wink*


As always, any of the products I used to make this project (except for the can) can be ordered through my website or by contacting me.


Also, watch for the Twelfth Week of Christmas project a little earlier next week. It's a great project that you can do during the Christmas break.


Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!