Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Ninth Week of Christmas-Gift Card Holder

It's time for the Ninth Week of Christmas and this week I have a Gift Card Holder for you.
This Gift Card Holder is made from an envelope! Can you believe it? This is a great little project that is easily re-created to suit any occasion you need, and with Stampin' Up!'s envelopes, you have a few different choices of color. I used a Kraft one for this project.

To start, you want to fold your envelope in half so that the flap is on the inside. Then you cut half the flap off and glue down the other half of the flap. And then, you're ready to embellish for whatever occasion you need a gift card holder for.

I started by stamping a piece of Naturals Ivory cardstock with the Serene Snowflakes set using Real Red, Old Olive and Soft Suede ink I sponged around the edges of the stamped piece with Soft Suede ink, then mounted it on a piece of Soft Suede cardstock. Before I stuck that stamped piece on the envelope, I sponged around the edges of the envelope and stuck the ribbon on. The ribbon I chose for this project is the Sleigh Bells Ribbon from the Holiday Mini Catalogue. Get it while you can ladies. There's less that a month left to order from the Holiday Mini Catalogue!

The focal point of this project is one of the stamps from the Level 2 Hostess set, Christmas Punch. I colored the image with Stampin' Write Markers (Old Olive, Real Red, More Mustard & Soft Suede) and then stamped it on a piece of Naturals Ivory cardstock. It is punched out with the Large Oval Punch and mounted on a piece of Soft Suede cardstock punched with the Scallop Oval punch. The Scallop Oval is sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink and stuck on the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

On the right side (the side where the flap is glued down) of the inside, I stuck a piece of Soft Suede cardstock. On top of that, I stuck a piece of Naturals Ivory which was stamped with the same ink and stamps as the front piece. I used the To/From stamp from Christmas Punch and also added a little Merry Christmas from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

The left side is the side where the half flap was cut off. You can see that I also cut a little chunk off the envelope so the gift card shows up better.

There you have it! I hope you enjoyed this project. As always, the supplies I used to make this project are in bold and can be ordered through my website or by contacting me.

Until next time my friends!





1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!