Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Twelfth Week of Christmas-Simple Christmas Thanks

I'm back! I decided to take a few days off and enjoy some family time over Christmas. We had a houseful! My mom and dad came down as well as my brother and his family. Their baby is 7 months old and it was so cute to watch him at his first Christmas and I'm honoured that they chose to spend it with us!

Kevin and I have started quite a few holiday traditions with our kids over the years. We watch Polar Express every Christmas, we wear Santa hats while decorating the tree, we always drink hot chocolate after all the decorations are up and so on. I think my favorite is our Christmas Eve traditions! We all get new PJ's, and we open all our family presents (so the focus on Christmas morning is Santa!). Here's what it looked like this year...

My little nephew is missing from the picture...he was so tired, so he went off to bed before we started the present thing. And, I'm not sure where my youngest child is in this picture! I think he may be behind the pile of big presents by the dog (yes that pile of presents was for him and it was taller than him!). No worries, he was only momentarily lost in all the paper, boxes, bow and excitement!

Christmas morning we have a big brunch and get to cooking dinner. We had a YUMMY meal...turkey and all our favorite side dishes. My grandma even sent some yummy treats down with my mom and dad for us to enjoy...that dish at the bottom of the picture is my absolute favorite, and I was so excited she sent some for us! Someday soon I will have to get her to teach me how to make it! We made a good dent in the food, and were stuffed at the end of the meal, but we do have quite a bit of leftovers to clean up! Here's our table! I totally wanted a before and after picture, but forgot to get the after picture. Oh well! Maybe next year. It's not a fancy table, but I'm so thankful for good food, good company and all the wonderful memories we created as a family this year.

So, onto my last project for the Weeks of Christmas! I feel it's so important to thank people for their generosity. Obviously it's important all year round, but especially at Christmas. So, my last project is a simple thank you card. It's easy to reproduce and very easy to mass produce! I have a pile made up ready for some heartfelt thank yous for everyone who gave to our family this year.

I used the Note Cards & Envelopes and scalloped the edge. On the inside of the card I attached a strip of Christmas Cocoa DSP so you can see it behind the scallop edge when the card is closed. The focal point is a snowflake stamped with Whisper White ink on Sahara Sand. I punched some circles with my Crop-A-Dile (Soft Suede) to make Faux Brads, and mounted that piece on a piece of Soft Suede cardstock. I finished it off with a sentiment stamped with Soft Suede ink.

For my cards, I used a variety of scraps from the Christmas Cocoa DSP and just adjusted the focal point colors to match the DSP.

Go shopping to get the products I used on my website or by contacting me!

Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!