Monday, December 21, 2009

Best Wishes Hearts

Good morning! My day got away from me yesterday and I didn't even get a chance to stamp! We had a super busy day picking up some groceries, cooking and baking and then we had company. It was a fun day with friends and family. But, I didn't get a chance to sit down and blog or even make my simple card. Good thing I found pictures of this card on my computer! It's super simple and cute.


Supplies: Best Wishes & More, Kind & Caring Thoughts stamp sets; Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral & Whisper White cardstock; Cameo Coral & Chocolate Chip ink; Double-Stitched Ribbon-Chocolate Chip; Button Latte-Whisper White flower button; Eyelet Border Punch


I made this card for a friend last summer when she got married. I went with her wedding colors...Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip. This card is a standard quarter-fold card and the base of the card is Chocolate Chip. On top of the Chocolate Chip, I layered a piece of Cameo Coral which I punched with the Eyelet Border Punch along the bottom. The stamped image is done in Cameo Coral ink. I used the heart from the Best Wishes & More set. I stamped it twice, once full strength and then again without inking it, on Whisper White cardstock. The Best Wishes greeting is from the Level 3 hostess set, Kind & Caring Thoughts. I stamped it over the hearts with Chocolate Chip ink.


To finish it off, I tied a Whisper White button (from the Button Latte set) around a piece of Double-Stitched Chocolate Chip ribbon with a piece of Linen Thread. I love the way this looks and do it on lots of cards. I love the way the ribbon gathers when you tighten the Linen Thread and it's an easy way to attach a button without adhesive!

I even took a picture of the inside of this card! I put a piece of Whisper White cardstock inside so it would be easy to write on and then I stamped the hearts (Camel Coral; Best Wishes & More) and sentiment (Chocolate Chip; Kind & Caring Thoughts) on it.


There's my simple card for the week. As always, any of the supplies I used for this card can be ordered through my website or by contacting me.


Until next time my friends! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!