Friday, February 18, 2011

Have You Sale-A-Brated?

Have you Sale-A-Brated with Stampin' Up! yet?  Have you earned your LA Stamper Bingo card yet?  Time is running out to earn your Bingo card...the game starts in just over a week and you can't win without a card!  Check out the box my order came in the other day...


Yep, stamps talk just like your kids do on long trips!!!!  The box came with the smiley face.  I don't know if it was drawn on at SU or if my fabulous Fed Ex guy did it!!!!

Enough of that.  You came here to see some stampin', didn't you?  Today I'm going to share the second make & take from my open house last week.  It's a super fun birthday card!


This card was inspired by a lot of cards I've seen out there on many blogs and Stampin' Connection (the demonstrator online community).  My colors for this card came directly from the Ice Cream Parlor ribbon...Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Old Olive.  Bright, cheery and soooo birthday!

The base of the card is Pacific Point.  The scallop squares were punched from the other three colors mentioned above.  For a little added fun, I ran the Old Olive squares through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  The only Pacific Point square was stamped with the birthday stamp from the Punch Bunch set (love it) and then stuck on with some Stampin' Dimensionals.  All the squares were tiled on a piece of Whisper White and trimmed to fit.  The card is finished off with some Daffodil Delight Pom Pom Trim and, of course, the Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon.

A little tip...I've experimented a bit and found that the best way to adhere the Pom Pom Trim is the SU Glue Stick or Mini Glue Dots.  Sticky Strip also works, but you have to trim it or fold it over to make it fit...which sometimes is more work than it's worth!!!!

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!