Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wrapped Chocolate Bar

Although the Chocolate Book (here) was the most popular when I did the class, this project is my favorite of the bunch!


I've actually done these before a number of times and I always love how they turn out!  It's such a simple project and concept, but always delivers a WOW!

You take a 6x6 piece of DSP (I used Elegant Soiree) and put adhesive on three sides.  Then you wrap it around your chocolate bar (I used Caramilk...but Kit Kat works too, just not Chunky Kit Kat) and then pinch the ends shut.  To keep the ends together and add a little pizzazz, you crimp the ends.  Just remember to crimp until you feel the resistance of the chocolate bar and then back out.  If you go too far you will squish your chocolate bar, so don't force it!

Then you can embellish as desired.  I started by tieing a piece of yummy Early Espresso Striped Ribbon around it.  I *heart* that ribbon!!!  the project is finished off with a fun tag.



The colors for this project came straight from the Elegant Soiree DSP and the stamped image is from Eat Chocolate (Occasions Mini).  I did use the dot image from Extreme Elements on the tag.

This project is perfect for party favors, wedding favors or just a fun little gift for someone special.  Check back tomorrow for my last chocolate project.  Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!