Thursday, February 24, 2011

Embossed Fabric

Hello!  Today I'm going to share my favorite of the three cards my club girls made this month.  We embossed fabric!!!!!


This card has a lot going on!  It's an Early Espresso card with an Early Espresso Lattice cut with the Big shot.  The Lattice die is one that I definitely do not use enough!  Over top that is a strip of Old Olive which was stamped with the leaf image from Just Believe.  And, on top of that, is the fabulous focal point flower!


I used the new Fun Flower die in the Occasions Mini to cut my flower.  To get the look, I glued my fabric to a scrap of cardstock (I used the gluestick, but the Fabric Adhesive would work well too...with your glue stick you don't have to get the iron out though!) and then ran it through the Big Shot (fabric side down on the die).  After you have the flower cut out, you run it through the Big Shot again, this time with an Embossing Folder.  I used the Finial Press Embossing Folder and to accentuate the embossing, I gently rubbed my Early Espresso sponge over the flower.

It's finished off with a punched Rose Red flower and a flower ribbon slide from the Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware set which has a piece of Early Espresso Taffeta ribbon through it.

So, what do you think?  Which one of the fabric cards was your favorite?

Have an inspired day!

4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! This one is my fave for sure! Going to get out my lattice die now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it is hard to say which one was my favorite. I think I like the embossed flower one the best.. They were all super fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful what a great idea with the fabric.Love your blog.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!