Sunday, September 7, 2014

Simple Card Sunday 5-Autumn Wooden Elements

Hi Stampers!  It's Simple Card Sunday and I have a super fun and easy card to share featuring the Autumn Wooden Elements from the Holiday Catalog.


Remember, for a card to be part of Simple Card Sunday it has to be able to be made in 10-15 minutes, require very few supplies and be completed in 5 simple steps.

 Step by step:
  • Start by folding the Crumb Cake cardstock (4 1/2 x 11) in half.
  • Make a line 1 1/2 inches up from the bottom of the Cajun Craze cardstock (4 x 5 1/4). Punch a 1/2 circle our of each side of the Cajun Craze cardstock using the 3/4" circle punch.  Line up the 3/4 circle punch so that the line you drew is in the middle of the circle horizontally and the edge of the cardstock is in the middle of the circle vertically.
  • Wrap some Crushed Curry Baker's Twine around the Cajun Craze piece where the half circles are.  
  • Sponge 3 Autumn Wooden Elements (Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Old Olive) and stick them on the Baker's Twine with Glue Dots.  While you have your ink and sponge daubers out, sponge the edge of the Crumb Cake cardstock with Soft Suede ink and the edges of the Cajun Craze cardstock with Cajun Craze ink.
  • Stamp a sentiment with Soft Suede ink below the wooden elements, and stick the Cajun Craze piece on the Crumb Cake card base.
And, here's a video so you can see me make the card in real time.  This week I also included a fun tip for how I store my Baker's Twine!


 Here's another card made with the same layout.  For this card, I used the fantastic Festival of Trees stamp set from the Holiday Catalog! Check out the blingy decorations on that tree!!!  I stamped those with Crushed Curry and then went over them with Gold Glitz Dazzling Details .


You can find everything you need to create both of these cards in my online store!  Head on over there and place your order today!  If you like what you see, and are Canadian, contact me...I would love to send you a catalog!

Have an inspired day!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!