Thursday, July 19, 2012

Buddies

Some things are just meant to go together and are great buddies...peanut butter & chocolate, dirt & boys, thunder & lightening, s'mores & camping, Mickey & Minnie, stamps & ink...you get the point!

Last year, Stampin' Up! came out with the stamp set Button Buddies where stamp images and buttons go together and are great buddies!  You know how much I love to use buttons, so this set was right up my alley!!  I've had it for a while and just recently dusted it off for some use.  You saw the cherries card I did with it last week here.  I know, I didn't use buttons on that card, but you could definitely use some buttons on there as the cherries.  I did however make a card that combined the stamp images with buttons.  Have a peek...


My color combination for this one is a "getting started" combination, which means I used colors from the Getting Started Collection!  I stamped the flowers first with Rich Razzleberry and made the centers pink with a Sponge Dauber and the Pretty In Pink ink.  The sponge daubers are perfect for this since they make a perfect circle quickly and easily!  My third flower was stamped in the Pretty Ink Pink and then layered, smooched and a button with some Baker's Twine was added before I put it on the card with some Stampin' Dimensionals.



I chose to do this as a birthday card, but it would work for so many other occasions and with the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, it's easy to change the occasion on your card!  There are so many choices in that set!!!  And those of you who are clear mount stamp fans will be happy to know that this year the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set is available in clear!!!!

Have an inspired day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!