Friday, July 20, 2012

Spiders.....

I have to start this post by saying I HATE spiders.  They seriously creep me out.  Creatures with 4 eyes and 8 hairy legs that wrap up their prey and suck the insides out are wrong...and scary...even if I am waaaaay bigger than them!!!

That being said, I love one of the image in a set from the upcoming Holiday Mini catalog.  It's from a Halloween set and I used it to make some swaps for convention.  It's one of those sets that as soon as I saw it, I had loads of ideas bouncing around in my head!


I started with my Fancy Favor die and cut some Basic Black cardstock with it, which I then embossed with the spider web embossing folder.  Just to make the web design stand out a bit, I gently rubbed some Whisper White ink over it with a sponge.  I didn't make it into a box, I decided to make a pouch.  You can see how I did that in this post.  I added a belly band with some new DSP and then my stamped image, which was popped up with some Stampin' Dimensionals.


Hee, hee...Spider Cider...can you guess where I went with this?  Have a look at what was inside my pouch...


A package of apple cider!!!  I folded a piece of More Mustard cardstock around the pack of apple cider (I stamped it with my EEK! stamp first!) and tied it at the top with some Tangerine Tango and Basic Black ribbon.

There you have it.  I can't wait to show you more fun stuff with this stamp set!

Have an inspired day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!