Friday, July 6, 2012

Pinwheels!


Everything old is new again!  I remember making pinwheels as a kid and now I'm seeing them everywhere again.  Inspired by this fad and seeing them everywhere, I decided to make a pinwheel wreath...and I am LOVING how it turned out!!!

I started with a wire wreath form.  I chose wire becuase it was flat on the back so the wreath would sit flat against my door.  I chose the Old Olive polka dot patterned fabric from the new Essentials Designer Fabric pack and tore it into 2 inch strips which I wrapped around my wreath form.  Each strip of fabric is knotted together.

My pinwheels are made from the World Spectacular Designer Paper and each one is backed with an embossed coordinating piece of cardstock.  They are secured in the center with brads and then hot glued onto wooden dowels.  The finished pinwheels were then hot glued onto the wreath.

I finshed the whole thing off with a banner which I stamped on with the Notable Alphabet.

This is definitely not an outdoor wreath.  It definitely wouldn't stand up to the elements, so I've hung it on my office door...where the only wind is from kids and dogs running by!  So what do you think?  Do you love it as much as I do?!?!?

Have an inspired day!





1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!