Saturday, January 2, 2010

Best Friends

Happy Saturday! I had a layout all ready for you today, but then I started working on another one and decided that I had to share it.

This layout is all about my little guy and his best buddy, Klair! Sawyer just adores her and is always thrilled when she comes over to play. The two of them are such good friends and so cute together!
Supplies: Just Right Alphabet; Cardstock-Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip; DSP-Sweet Pea; Sweet Pea Stitched Felt pieces; Ribbon-Old Olive Narrow Grosgrain; Ink-Chocolate Chip Classic, Bashful Blue Craft, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write; On Board Loads of Letters; Border Punch (SAB)

I used the new Sweet Pea DSP and the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt embellishments for this page. I have to admit, I wasn't going to order the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt pieces, but I got them free from Stampin' Up! when I completed the My Digital Certification Program. Now that I've played with them, I'm hooked and ordered three more packs!

For this part of the layout, I just stuck some of the felt pieces over the flowers that were already on the DSP to add a little dimension. You'll also notice, I used that great new border punch that is available in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. Remember, starting Tuesday, you can earn those Sale-A-Bration products FREE with every $65 purchased before shipping & tax. You're definitely going to want to log on to my website and place your Occasions Mini Catalogue order and earn some FREE Sale-A-Bration stuff!

I got the idea for this border from Becky Jensen's project. I just sort of ran with her idea to use the ribbon as a vine to connect the flowers. I'm very pleased with the result!

The title is done with stamps, my computer and some chipboard. For the computer word (friends), I printed it and then traced on the backside of the paper pressing really hard with my pencil. Then I flipped over the paper and placed it where I wanted it on the page and traced over the word again with my pencil. Because I had done it on the reverse side, when I traced it on the right side, it transferred the word to the page. Then I just wrote over it with a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker.

I'm thrilled with how these pages turned out! And, I used some products that I never thought I would be using in a boy scrapbook, but it just seemed so fitting being that his best buddy is a very sweet little girl!

Until next time my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!