Sunday, January 3, 2010

Simple Stars

Today's simple card is yet another simple birthday card for my boys to give to their friend for his birthday! My card today is 3x6. I love this size! It's a bit different from the usual card size and shape, but still a really easy to work with!
Supplies: Stamps-Seeing Stars, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Ink-Old Olive, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy & Chocolate Chip classic pads; Cardstock-Old Olive & Sahara Sand; Accessories-Star Punch, Natural Hemp, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive


Because it's a boy card, I chose More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip and I threw in Sahara Sand for my neutral. The base of my card is Old Olive and it started as a 6x6 piece. Did you know that your paper has a grain? Yep, that's right! There's a grain which means it folds one way better than the other. Next time you're making a 3x6 card give it a try! I guarantee that it will fold one way easier than the other.


To start, I chose 4 stars from the Seeing Stars set and randomly stamped them all over a piece of Sahara Sand. I then tore it. To add a little interest, I wrapped some hemp around it a few times and tied a knot, which I then covered with a punched star! I glued it to the card with my trusty Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive because I know it will stay stuck with that stuff!

I finished it off with a Happy Birthday stamped with Chocolate Chip ink.


Until next time my friends! Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!