Saturday, January 23, 2010

Super Stah!

Happy Scrapbook Saturday to you!  My oldest son participated in a volleyball camp last Easter and my layout today showcases the pictures I took of him at the camp.  The camp ran for the mornings for the week of Easter holidays.  He started the week knowing NOTHING about volleyball, other than he wanted to go to the camp, and finished up the week a little Super Stah! (hello Wednesday Stamper 10 Super Stahs!!!)  When he was done the camp he had a knowledge of the game and how it's played and was starting to get the moves down!  It was a great experience for him!

So, on to the layout (click on the picture for a closer look...not sure how I got it to do that, but I did!)...



Supplies:  Seeing Stars, Sporting Goods (retired) & Newsprint Alphabet (retired) sets; Classic Stars Jumbo Stampin' Arond Wheel; Always Artichoke, More Mustard & Basic Black classic ink; Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Basic Black & Whisper White cardstock; Big Shot; SU SImple Alphabet dies; Star & Large Star punches; Basic Black Wide Grosgrain Ribbon; Stampin' Sponges

I chose Always Artichoke, More Mustard and Basic Black for this layout because those were the colors of the T-shirts the kids and coaches wore.  It also matched the school colors of the school the camp was held at!  It worked perfectly!

Here's a closer look at the title.



I used a combination of chipboard (cut out with the Big Shot) and stamping (with the retired Newsprint Alphabet).



The chipboard letters were covered with Always Artichoke cardstock and stamped with a small star image in Basic Black.  I also sponged around the edges of the letters with Basic Black.



I used the Seeing Stars set and the Star and Large Star punches to accent the pages.  In this picture you also get a good look at the background I did on the More Mustard cardstock.  I used the Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel and More Mustard ink to do the background.



I ran a piece of Basic Black Wide Grosgrain ribbon across both pages where the Always Artichoke and More Mustard cardstock meets.  On the right page of the layout I tied a knot in the ribbon before sticking it to the page to create some texture and visual interest.  You also get a closer look at the patterned paper I created for this layout.  I used the retired Sporting Goods set with More Mustard and Always Artichoke ink on Whisper White cardstock.  I also sponged Always Artichoke ink on the edges of this paper.

Have a wonderful evening!  I will be back tomorrow with a rockin' simple card for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!