Saturday, January 16, 2010

Little Monsters

Happy Saturday! Those of you who follow my blog regularly probably know that I have three boys! Along with having three boys comes lots of adventures...some of which are less than thrilling for me. A perfect example is the layout I have to show you today.

A couple years ago some of the Monster Jam monster trucks came to town. Unfortunately my husband had to work that evening and I wasn't really interested in attending a testosterone filled evening of noise, dirt, smelliness and monster trucks by myself with the boys...even if it was to make a memory! However, while on patrols at work, my husband noticed that some of the trucks were on display at a local car dealership. So, I dutifully took my boys down to the dealership to check out the trucks. Let me just say, they were THRILLED and I was the coolest mom in the world for about half an hour that day! We definitely made a memory and I didn't have to experience the noise, dirt and smell...and there was way less testosterone!

Anyway, on to the layout...

I chose colors for this layout from both the trucks and the boy's coats, and went with Brilliant Blue, Ruby Red, So Saffron and Basic Gray. The striped paper from the Cool Kids Simply Scrappin' Kit and the "The Write Stuff" DSP package matched perfectly with my pictures.

I cut my title from Basic Gray cardstock with the Stampin' Up! Timeless Type Alphabet dies and pounced Basic Gray ink all over the letters with a sponge. I was trying to dirty them up a bit! The letters are mounted around and on one of the die cuts from the "The Write Stuff" DSP set, which I sponged with my Basic Gray.

In this picture, you can also see that I pounced my sponge all over the DSP. I wanted to mute the colors a bit and, again, dirty up the whole page.

Here's a cool part of the page! I took two strips of DSP and punched the ends with the Tag Punch. Then I punched a hole in the ends and stuck a Basic Black Jumbo Grommet in the hole. I figured it kind of mirrored the tires of the trucks, plus it added some more texture to the page. I was so excited with the way it turned out!

Well, that's all I have for you today! Until next time my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!