Saturday, January 30, 2010

Channeling My Inner Gramma...

Today I'm going to share a scrapbook project with you rather than a layout!  This is the project I did with my clubs this month and they loved it!  I used the new Vintage Vogue set from the Occasions Mini.  I have to admit it's not a set that I would have ordered, but I got it FREE when I went to the REgional Seminar after Leadership in Phoenix.  Since it was FREE, I decided that it should get some love, so I pulled it out for this project and I'm pleased with the way it turned out.  It's so soft looking and vintagy!  And, when I was making up my sample, I couldn't help but feel like I was channeling my inner gramma...as Sherri would say!  Anyway, enough chit chat..here's the project!

It's a little brag book with pages made from Clear Envelopes.  The only thing I had my clubs do differently was to stamp the En Francais background stamp with Chocolate Chip ink over their other stamping.  It added a whole new dimension to the project which I wish I would have done before I stuck the flower and Real Red strip to my book.  I *heart* this project and can see so many different ways to make it for a number of different occasions.  Here's a look at some of the pages inside.





Each of the books used 5 Clear Envelopes to make the page protectors and a quarter sheet of cardstock was decorated and inserted in each envelope to form the pages to put pictures and journaling on.

Here's an example of another one I made.  I had my scrapbook club do this one at their last workshop right before Christmas.


So, there you have it!  A fun scrapbooking project that would make a great gift for new parents, grandparents or to celebrate a special event.  I think these would also make great guest books for weddings...just add as many envelopes as you need for the pages, and the best part is that it can be decorated to fit any occasion or style.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!