Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thank You Hug

Well, life is slowly getting back to normal in our house.  All three boys are sick with a cold and I think they're sharing it with me, but we have all been pretty healthy thus far this cold and flu season so I guess it's our turn!  Sometimes it's kind of nice when all three of them are sick at the same time...they're mellow when they're sick!  Which means it's quieter around the house!

Anyway, after the amount of help we have received from my parents this month, especially my mom, I figured she needed something special.  So, I took Carter shopping and he picked out some body wash, body butter and a bath puff for her as a thank you for taking such good care of them while I was in Phoenix and then away with Kevin for his surgery.

I kept the gift packaging really simple for this special gift.  Here's a look at the card.

Supplies:  With All My Heart stamp set; Stampin' Write Markers-Chocolate Chip, Real Red & Pretty in Pink; Hug Notes; Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, Real Red Cardstock

I used one of the new Hugs Notes in the Occasions Mini.  I've gotta say, I totally wasn't going to get any...until I attended Leadership!  I saw so many cute ideas I couldn't help myself when I got home.  *grin*  I used a piece of Real Red cardstock and mounted a Hug on top of it.  On the Hug I used some of the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt pieces...LOVE THOSE...and then stamped a thank you from the "With All My Heart" stamp set I got FREE in Phoenix!  Stampin' Up! treats its demonstrators good...we always get free stamps at events!  I colored the stamp with markers to get the different parts of the image to be different colors.

Here's another view so you can see the dimension that those stitched felt pieces have.  Did I mention how much I LOVE those stitched felt pieces?!?!  I hope, hope, hope we will see more in different colors and shapes in the catalogue in July!


And, here's the card with the gift bag.


I was given a gift in this bag at Christmas and loved it.  I left it as is and tied it shut at the handles with some Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon (a "must have" in your ribbon collection!).

My mom loved the gift and left telling me she still had LOTS of holidays to use up this year so anytime we need help to let her know.  I just wish she lived closer!

That's all for today my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!