Saturday, August 28, 2010

Explore. Dream. Discover.

That's part of a great Mark Twain quote and the title to my scrapbook layout for Scrapbook Saturday today.


Like usual, I started from a sketch, and, like usual, I went waaaaaaaay off from the sketch!  I'm thrilled with the final layout!

Here are some close-ups of some of my favorite parts of the layout (other than the pictures of my sweet little boys!).


The leaf embellishments.  I just stamped the leaves from the Paradise set in Old Olive on Naturals White and punched them with the 1 1/4" square punch, then mounted them on some punched Night of Navy Squares.


The sort of title!  I cut the letters with my Big Shot and the Go Go Boots alphabet dies.  I also attached a piece of Naturals White carstock behind my picture and added a couple Daffodil Delight brads (lovin' these!).  It's the perfect place to stamp something...in this case I stamped the date.


To connect these pictures and pull some Daffodil Delight onto this page, I used my Photo Corner punch and put some of the small photo corners behind two corners of each of the pictures.  If you scoll back up to the full layout picture, take a look at how I rounded the outer corners only of the group of pictures on the left hand page.  I love the way that turned out!

So, my color combination...I wanted to go with Navy since I knew it would go well with the pictures.  I checked out Night of Navy on my new color coach and when I turned it over one of the combinations was Night of Navy, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight.  Absolutely perfect!

I'm so excited with the way this layout came together and it felt good to get back to scrapbooking!

That's all for today.  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!