Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sometimes I Wish...

...I was a dog!


That's my sweet old dog Bailey.  The other day I put her on our bed to have a nap with me.  We used to have naps together all the time, but she can't jump onto the bed anymore becuase it's too high for her old body!  Anyway, I got up before she did and she slept and slept for about 2 hours after I got up!  Not a care in the world...someone feeds her regularly twice a day, someone pets her and lets her in the back yard, and even takes her for walks sometimes!  Really her only care is if Ollie is going to bug her that day or not (and you can see in the top right corner of the picture that he figured out how to jump onto our bed just before I took the picture!).

So today I'm going to share my favorite card from our roomie swap at Convention.  I can't remember who designed it, but it spoke to me!  So whoever it was in our group...if you're reading this thanks and leave me a comment to I can give credit where credit is due!

Supplies:  Fabulous Phrases stamp set; Early Espresso classic ink; Whisper White craft ink; Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock; Paper Piercer and Mat Pack; Heart to Heart, Scallop Circle, 1 3/8 Circle, 1 1/4 Circle and maybe the 1 inch Circle punch; Stampin' Sponges, Big Shot and Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder; Stampin' Dimensionals

Isn't it fun!  I love the dots and I love that they are the same color as the background just lightly sponged with white ink to make them stand out a bit!

Check out the focal point of the card...


CA-UTE!!!  I love the layering and dimension, the piercing, the color combination, and that the little heart has polka dots!  That's done by putting a piece of cardstock through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and then punching a shape...in this case a heart!

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!