Monday, August 16, 2010

Swap Inspiration

So, I told you about our traditional "Roomie Shoe Box Swap" at convention.  Well, my good friend Kim had a great card for the swap, and I took the layout and used it for a Christams Card for my Holiday Headstart Christmas Card class last Friday.  Take a look.


The one on the left is the swap card and the one on the right is how I made it into a Christmas card.  This is what I love about swapping and SU!  It's so easy to take a card, change a few things and have a totally different look.

Here's a closer look at my Christmas card.

Supplies:  Delightful Decorations & Many Merry Messages stamp sets; Cherry Cobbler & Old Olive classic ink; Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker; Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Very Vanilla & Early Espresso cardstock; Stampin' Dimensionals; Rhinestones; Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

And, here's a closer look at the ornament details.



I'm so excited with how this card turned out.  I think I may use this as my Christams card this year!

Busted!  Did you notice that two of the pictures have bling and the other doesn't!  This is the crazy way my mind works...not always logical, but I get the job done!  I originally made the card without the bling and then took the picture and then left the card overnight.  The next morning I decided it was missing something and went for the AWESOME rhinestones we now carry.  It looks waaaay better and more finished with the rhinestone and since you get, like 400 or something like that, per package for only $6 (CAD) you can put them on everything!!!!!  Anyway, after I added the bling I had to take more pictures to show you my fabulous creation.  I apparently need look closer at the pictures I edit and post!

Have an inspired day!

2 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas version! I am starting to get going again and you have just inspired me! Thanks.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I'll be CASEing this one :) Love the bling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!