Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's Official

At the end of June I officially paid off our van.  Paid for totally by money I earned with Stampn' Up!.  What a FANTASTIC feeling!!!!

Now, I really think that Honda should send out a certificate or a card or something congratulating people on such a momentus occasion...then again, they're probably missing the interest I was paying over the last three years!

Since no card came from Honda, I made one for myself.


Cute, eh?  Ok, so I didn't actually make it for myself, it's for a friend!  But, I still think that Honda should send out cards for this occasion!

I dusted off used the Priceless set for this card with Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Night of Navy ink.  For this simple card, I used my favorite Note Cards with Envelopes!  The Old Olive grosgrain finishes it off nicely and the congratulations was from the "A Word for You" set.  I just colored the word I wanted with a Night of Navy Stampin' Write.

I was so thrilled with the way this one turned out that I made a bunch more and then made some more masculine ones.


I use the Circle Circus set with Night of Navy, Basic Gray and More Mustard ink.  My sentiment is from the Fundamental Phrases set.

ETA:  The ribbon is wrapped around the whole front of the card.  I made a slit in the fold with my hobby knife for the ribbon to slide through.  When you do this be careful not to tie your ribbon too tight or the front of your card will buckle!

Well, that's all for today!  Have an inspired day!

2 comments:

  1. I really like these simple cards Lisa and the colors too - it's nice to get ideas for masculine cards once in a while. How did you attach the ribbon - i.e. did you make a slit and wrap it around the inside of the card? I have this Priceless set and will definitely use your ideas for inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go on paying off the van, and m,akinig your OWN card - LOL! It's gorgeous!! TFS :)

    Caroline in Toronto
    www.craftincaro.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!