Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Absent

Absent minded.

Absent from my blog.

Absent from my stampin' room.

Just absent!

I have lost my mojo people.  No worries...it's probably under this mess somewhere!


Maybe it's becuase I've been on vacation too long, maybe it's because my kids are driving me nutty (this is true!), or maybe it's becuase I haven't been feeling too good.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about all the rain we've had this summer, BUT, all the rain has caused something (or multiple things) to bloom and grow and polinate which is causing me SERIOUS allergy issues!  I seriously want to rip my face off if it would help me breathe easier, get rid of the itchy nose and eyes and make my headache go away.  Then again...I'm cuter with a face, so I will keep taking my antihistamine (it helps a little!) and keep having naps!  Sawyer wants to go to the park today.  He's actually been bugging me for the WHOLE day to go to the park and I keep telling him that I don't feel good so we're not going.  To which he replies, "Go have another nap mommy and then we can go"!  Cute!

Anyway, you didn't stop by here to hear about my allergy issues you stopped by to see some stamping, right?

One of my favorite accessories is ribbon.  I think a little ribbon adds so much to almost any project and so I tend to reach for my ribbon when something is missing from my projects.  Until the end of August I will be doing some ribbon shares so you can get your hands on some of the amazing ribbon in the catalogue right now.  Before I explain more about the ribbon shares, take a look at this card.

Supplies: Season of Friendship & A Word for You stamp sets; Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi & Certainly Celery classic ink; Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker; Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist & Bashful Blue cardstock; Marina Mist Satin Ribbon; Stampin' Sponges; Big Shot & Top Note Die; Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack

I did this card as my "roomie shoebox swap" at Convention.  It's become a tradition for the group of girls I travel with to do a roomie swap.  We all design a card and take all the supplies for everyone in our travel group to make it.  We had some great cards this year.  I've decided that I need to do a "tree card" each year for my swap!  Last year I did this card, and I carried on with the theme this year!

I really like how this card turned out!  Here's a closer look at the ribbon detail.


The ribbon actually wraps around the whole front of the card (there's a slit on the fold so it can go on the inside of the card), and goes behind the top note shape.  There's a hole punched in the top note for one end of the ribbon to some to the front and tie with the other end.  The ribbon I chose for this card is the YUMMY new Marina Mist satin ribbon.  I *heart* the satin ribbon...it's so smooth and soft and it ties so nicely.  LOVE IT!!!

I know, you want ribbon now don't you?  My ribbon shares are a perfect way to get some of each color without shelling out hundreds of dollars at once.  You choose the type of ribbon you want, contact me to order it and SHAZAM you will have a sampling of ribbon to play with on your projects.  Here are the details...

1/2" Poly-Stitched-$9
1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain-$34
1/4" Grosgrain-$13.50
5/8" Grosgrain-$18.50
Satin-$24
1/8" Taffeta-$24.50
3/8" Taffeta-$28

You get 2 yards of each color of what ever type of ribbon you choose and I will put them on a punched piece of cardstock in the coordinating color like this...


Please note that only Canadians can participate in my ribbon share and if you live somewhere that will require me to mail you your ribbon, a $5 shipping charge will be added.

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!