Friday, December 31, 2010

Love is in the air...

I'm so done with Christmas stuff and so happy to move on to the next holiday...Valentine's Day!


Last night I did a Shoebox Swap with some of my downline.  I think I've talked about these swaps before and how fun they are!  We always have a theme and this time around is was Love.  I'll share all the projects from the swap in the coming days...or weeks!  Today, I'm going to share the card I designed!


I'm not going to give you a list of supplies for this one...there's 4 stamp sets alone!  I will tell you that I used Regal Rose, Basic Gray and Very Vanilla.  I chose one of the new Valentine's sets you can find in the Occasions Mini (the xoxoxox, Hugs & Kisses and small heart images are all from that set).

There's a lot going on with this card.  I couldn't stop adding layers of stamping, paper, embellishments...ya know!?!

I do want to make sure you see the dimension and the piece of Hodge Podge Hardware.


The little heart is punched out and then popped up with a Stampin' Dimensional.  And, that hardware!!!  Oh, the hardware!  It was too perfect when I originally put it on the card, so I roughed it up a bit with a sanding block.  It takes a bit of muscle, but it sands nicely.  I love the look of the raw metal peeking through the vanilla finish.

Have an inspired day and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!