Thursday, December 30, 2010

Photo Blocks

I have a new obsession...Photo Blocks!


So cute!  Here's what you need to make these little beauties.


You can find the blocks in the Definitely Decorative Catalogue.  They come in a pack of 4 and have so many possibilities!  Here's more shots of the winter one I did.



Did you notice the white edge around the pictures?  I'll wait while you go look again!!!  That's done with the white StazOn pad.  You just gently rub the ink pad around the edges of the pictures.  It's the "Direct to Paper" technique, only on pictures.  You need to use the StazOn ink to do this on pictures.  The Classic and Craft ink will smudge and won't dry on the pictures.

There are only pictures around the four sides.  The top and bottom are covered with Night of Navy cardstock which was stamped with the snowflake from Jolly Bingo Bits (with Night of Navy ink).  Because the top is out there in the open, I embellished it a little!  I used the mittens from Jolly Bingo Bits, Marina Mist cardstock and ink, Night of Navy ink, Whisper White cardstock and some circle punches.  Here's a closer look at the top.


The snowflakes are punched from Whisper White cardstock and hung off the block with some Whisper White narrow Taffeta Ribbon.

I made another one with a soccer theme to showcase some of my kiddos' soccer pictures.



And a closer look at the top (the bottom is done the same way).


I'm lovin' these!  My Scrappy Hour Club did these the other night at our workshop and they were lovin' them too!  These blocks a fun and different way to "scrapbook"!  Check out Sherri's blog to see her gorgeous creation with her wedding pictures.  It is stunning!

I totally think I'm going to do a block for each of my kids and then stack them on the mantle or something.  They would make a great gift too!  I happen to know a certain grandma who would probably love to have something like this on her desk!

That's all for today.  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!