Friday, December 17, 2010

Countdown to Christmas-Week 12

Wow!  Santa will be coming in ONE WEEK!!!!  I can't believe it's almost Christmas.  This will be the last of my Countdown to Christmas posts, but I do have a few other Christmas ideas that I will share over the next week...but I'm so ready to move on to other themed projects!

So, I started this countdown with a gift bag and I'm gonna end it with one too!


I have a boat load of Holly & Jolly Rub ons...I had a plan, that I didn't end up doing...so I thought they would work great for gift packaging.  And, I needed one more gift bag for teacher gifts. 

This project started with a simple Kraft gift bag that I found in my cupboard (stuck in a box of envelopes?!?).  I thought the tree border was perfect along the bottom of the bag and once that was on, I set out to make a focal point on the bag.


I started with a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock, applied the "Merry" rub on and sponged around the edge with Old Olive ink.  Then I added a strip of Old Olive that was punched with the Scallop Edge punch (can you believe it was in my scraps like that...score!).  I added yet another rub on to the Old Olive piece before I tied some Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding around it.  The ribbon was lookin' a bit blah, so I took one row of the Old Olive dots rub on and applied it directly to the ribbon.  The whole thing was then matted on a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  Bag is done...love it...and it only took me about 20 minutes start to finish!

Of course, it needed a card to go with it and I happened to have this card sitting on my desk from the Army Wives stamp camp I did a few weeks ago.


The simplicity of this card is awesome!


The tree was made just like the tree in this project using the 2 1/2 inch circle punch.


The ribbon is stuck on with a piece of Sticky Strip and gathered like Kimberly Van Diepen (love her!) showed on her Halloween cone ornaments.  Super easy way to gather ribbon on a card and I *heart* how not perfect it is...kinda whimsical!

So, do you wanna know what was inside the bags?  My sweet little boys choseMidnight Pomegranate Body Wash, Lotion and Hand Sanitizer from Bath and Body Works for their teachers!  It was so cute how they smelled every bottle and finally settled on the pomegranate one because it was "the perfect one for their teachers".  So cute!  Someday they will make good boyfriends!!!

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!