Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snowy

Today I have one of the cards I did this last weekend with the Army Wives.  This card was inspired by a card Dianna Gibbs had on her blog a while back.  I love the color combination and the look of the technique with the embossing folder, so I went with it!  It really doesn't look much like the one that inspired me anymore!!!  You can see her card here, and this is my variation.



I started with a Marina Mist base.  I then used a piece of Naturals White cardstock which I embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and I inked the embossing folder before I embossed the cardstock.  Basically you just brayer some ink on to one side of your embossing folder and emboss as usual.  I used Sahara Sand for this card and it looks kind of like stone (in real life...for some reason my camera is not picking up the subtle color change in the shadows of the embossing).  I stuck a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock along the bottom of the embossed piece and stamped a sentiment on it.  It's finished off with a piece of Whisper White Satin Ribbon.



The snowflakes are from the Northern Hearts Hostess set in the mini.  They are stamped with Marina Mist ink on Naturals White cardstock.  They are all matted with Marina Mist cardstock and then stuck on.  The middle one is popped up with some Stampin' Dimensionals and I added a Rhinestone in the middle.

Here's another close-up of the embossing.  You can kind of see the slight variation in color...but it's still not the greatest picture!!!


You'll just have to trust me that it's there!!!!

Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I never remember to use the brayer on my embossing folders. It is such a versatile technique. Thanks for reminding me about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!