Monday, February 8, 2010

Family

I think Valentine's Day is a celebration of love.  Not just your husband/wife, siginificant other, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc, but a day to celebrate everyone you love.  And, I love my family, so today's project is about them. 



This is my third and final project using the Love U Decor Stencils for the countdown!  These stencils are so versatile and easy to use.  I will definitely be using them a lot in the future!  The background of my project is Kraft cardstock (of course...*wink*) stenciled with the Love U stencils in Chocolate Chip and Real Red ink. 



Then I layered some cardstock and Sending Love DSP to frame my picture.  Incidently, my picture is attached with Dotto so I can easily take it out and put a different one in if I want!  I finished off the inside with a piece of the awesome Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon.  Once everything was in the frame, I finished off the project with some vinyl!  I used some of the Clear Decor Sheets and cut the letters to spell family with the Big Shot.  The dot on the "i" was punched out with the new heart punch in the Occasions Mini.  Once cut, the letters were applied just like you would apply Decor Elements.  I chose the clear so that the emphasis was on what was inside the frame, but there was still that little something on the outside to catch your attention.  I have my framed art hanging between two windows and sometimes, depending where the sun is, the family shows up really well and clear and sometimes it's just a faint word that you have to get close to read!


I'm thrilled with the way this project ended up!  I love it when I think of a project and it totally works out in real life!

Be sure to come back tomorrow to see the next project in the countdown!  I have a great project using more of the Decor Sheets...this time in color!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!