Saturday, February 6, 2010

Valentine Tradition

Happy Scrapbook Saturday!  For today's Valentine Countdown project I have a great scrapbook layout for you.  Now, it's not completely done yet, because I need to take the pictures for it next week on Valentine's Day.  But, I will show you what it looks like so far with the promise that I will show you the finished pages next week after Valentine's Day.

So, do you have a special tradition for Valentine's Day?  Kevin and I have been together for 15 years and we have a special tradition that we do almost every Valentine's Day.  In fact, I think we've only missed 3 or 4 years out of 15!  Are you wondering what our tradition is?  Every year on Valentine's Day, Boston Pizza sells heart shaped pizzas and donates money from each pizza sold to charity.  When we were dating in High School, we started going for heart pizza on Valentine's Day and just kept going every year.  We always take the kids with us for heart pizza...heart pizza was Taylor's first outing (besides going to the doctor!) when he was born 8 years ago, and Kevin brought me heart pizza in the hospital when Sawyer was born 3 years ago!  As I was looking through our scrapbooks, I couldn't believe I hadn't scrapbooked this important and fun tradition in our family.  So, without further adieu...

Supplies:  Love U Decor Stencils; Chocolate Chip & Real Red Classic Ink; Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Real Red & Very Vanilla cardstock; Sending Love DSP; Corner Rounder punch; Big Shot; Stampin' Up! Billboard Alphabet, Naturally Serif Alphabet & Stampin' Up! Hearts & Brackets dies; Chocolate Chip Epoxy Brads

The base of my pages is Kraft cardstock stenciled with the new Love U Decor Stencils in Chocolate Chip and Real Red ink.  You can find these stencils in the new Definitely Decorative brochure (if you're Canadian and you haven't got your brochure yet, let me know and I can send you one!).  I *heart* these little stencils and I'm thrilled that there's a couple sets of stencils that are smaller in size so they can be easily used on lots of projects...like cards, scrapbook pages, fabric, wood, walls, gift boxes, gift bags, tags and more!

The title is done with the Big Shot and some of the Alphabet dies.  I love mixing fonts for my titles and the variety of alphabet dies Stampin' Up! carries makes this easy for me to accomplish!

Here's a closer look at some of the accents I've done for my layout.  I did my accents using the SU Hearts & Brackets die and the new Epoxy Brads.  Have you checked out those Epoxy Brads yet?  You need to check them out and add them to your collection...they're awesome! *grin*




Be sure to stop by and see the finished layout with pictures and journaling after Valentine's Day!  And, be sure to stop by tomorrow to see the next project in the countdown...a great Valentine card for Simple Card Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!